Cummins backup generators ensure uptime, backed by 200,000 gallons of fuel stored on site in 4 huge tanks, enough to operate for 48 hours.…
February 01, 2012 | OEM Off-Highway Magazine
In 2010, the DOE’s Vehicle Technologies Program initiated the SuperTruck Program, a DOE-funded industry cost-shared project. The goal of the five-year program is to design a heavy-duty Class 8 truck which demonstrates a 50% improvement in overall freight efficiency measured in ton-miles per gallon. To ensure there is total vehicle improvement, 30% of the efficiency must come from the tractor and trailer, while the other 20% should come from the engine. Along with the overall efficiency, each vehicle’s engine needs to show 50% brake thermal efficiency as well as a path to 55% brake thermal efficiency.
Recent News | 08/08/17
Recent News | 08/07/17
Recent News | 08/04/17
Almost 3M heavy-duty diesel trucks on the road powered by latest clean diesel engines, delivering clean air benefits and dramatic fuel savings.…